Yep, I’m doing it. For just the length of this blog, I’m going to separate myself from the seriousness of the whole coronavirus pandemic and pass along all the lines I’ve heard and seen over the past couple of weeks.
Oh, this covid-19 is serious stuff and I’m viewing this all as a student of these historic times. Our world has changed forever and all this, with us not knowing how this concludes or even if it concludes.
All that being said, for a couple of minutes, relax and laugh as much as you can with this compilation of nuggets. Some are mine, lots are borrowed from the pages of Facebook:
- It’s now official. Due to the coronavirus, the beginning of spring is being delayed until September.
- I mean, you look at the timing of this coronavirus outbreak. I think it’s pretty obvious to me—God likes football
- My job is to help you avoid the harsh realities of the world and provide a little escape from it all. We’re like Calgon for the ears.
- People are panicking and already trading sex for food. It’s crazy. Anyway, I got two tacos.
- Have we tried unplugging 2020, waiting 10 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- If you bought 30 rolls of toilet paper, you owe three to the church. Tithing is still in effect.
- I need 25 friends to dress up like zombies and join me in walking around the neighborhood. Can’t let this quarantine go to waste.
- Are tortillas flushable? Asking for a friend.
- I honestly hadn’t planned on giving up this much for Lent
- “Family Feud” has shut down production because of coronavirus. However, there still is no cure for Steve Harvey
- The NFL has approved a 17-game season. If the season delays go on long enough, so might Major League Baseball.
- So, the governor closed all the bars. Someone’s having a hard time giving up alcohol for Lent.
- Thinking about it, the safest time in our recent history was when we moved the clocks ahead an hour. For 60 minutes, nothing happened.
- A Seattle Starbucks worker was diagnosed with coronavirus. The store became suspicious of him when he spelled a customer’s name right.
- I feel like I’m in season 5 of my life and the writers are just coming up with ridiculous stuff to keep it interesting.
- I have a 24-pack of toilet paper I’d like to trade for a 3-bedroom house.
- President Trump says he hasn’t been tested yet for the coronavirus and, if you think about it, if you were the virus, would you?
- There’s now talk of extending the April 15th income tax deadline because of the coronavirus. In a related story, at H-and-R Block, H has been asked to stand six feet away from R.
- In New York City, a conference on the coronavirus has been canceled because of the coronavirus. The announcement was made by the Department of Redundancy Department.
- Wow, the NHL, the MLS and the NBA have all suspended their seasons. At this rate, pretty soon the only things left are going to Betty White, Keith Richards and the Hallmark Channel.
- By the way, this hour’s rundown of the coronavirus cancellations is being canceled, due to the coronavirus.
- ESPN is going to reverse the spelling of their name to NPSE (No Public Sporting Events)
- The WHO has declared the coronavirus a global pandemic. But all those dogs that were quarantined can now be released, since it’s been proven they can’t carry the disease. Yes, WHO let the dogs out.
- The hottest drink these days? The Quarantini-its just like a Martini, but you drink it at home all by yourself.
- Back in my day, if you TP’d a house, you were getting back at someone. Today, you’re doing them a favor.
- Day four of no sports. Found a woman sitting on my couch. Apparently, she’s my wife. She seems nice.
- Day five of no sports. Just found out my wife’s favorite color is yellow. Who likes yellow?
- Coronavirus tip-wear a Dallas Cowboys jersey. You won’t catch anything.
- Your grandparents were called to war. You’re being called to sit on your couch. You can do this.
- If everything gets canceled and you’re forced to stay at home and nothing happens-that was the idea!
- What if they close the grocery stores and we have to hunt for food. I don’t even know where Doritos live.
- Dr. Oz says that couples should have sex while quarantined. I can hear husbands everywhere saying, “Sorry, honey, but doctor’s orders!”
- My thought: Soccer, baseball, the NBA, the Kentucky Derby, the Boston Marathon, all canceled or postponed until at least September when football begins. To me, that says that God loves football.
- The federal government is talking about giving us all $1,000 in stimulus money to spark the economy. Well, it’s not like we’re going to go out and spend it all on toilet paper.
- Casinos are asking for bailouts from the federal government. Shouldn’t they at least be required to roll 7’s?
- Bethany Frankel says she is creating coronavirus kits. Oh, goodie. We’re saved!
- Sorry to say that there is already a long list of scammers at work over this coronavirus. For the full list, please send $100 in unmarked bills to…
- OK, so you went out and cleaned out the stores of toilet paper, bottled water and enough food to last several months. Now, the good news–I can finally quit bugging you about putting together an earthquake kit.
And a couple of my Top Five Lists:
TOP FIVE THINGS YOU PROBABLY SHOULD NOT DO BECAUSE OF THE CORONAVIRUS
- Go to a Face-Touching party
- Practice your deep-breathing exercises in a crowd
- Keep putting off getting tested because you haven’t studied
- While eating out, shake the hand of a different stranger between bites
- Accept a challenge to a Cough-Off
TOP FIVE SIGNS YOU’RE GOING A LITTLE STIR-CRAZY AT HOME
- Yes, it’s wrong, but you’ve used relatives’ names to create March Illness Brackets
- You can’t wait for the next robocall
- Named the dust bunny under the fridge, “Herman”
- Organized the macaroni by size
- You’ve developed a home version of curling, with a robo-vacuum and a Swiffer broom
All this to say, whatever happens, don’t lose your sense of humor. It’s the only thing that will keep us going. Stay home, stay vigilant and let’s all look forward to the day in the near future when we can reduce our social distancing by at least half.
And if you know of someone having a tough time right now that could use a little pickup, please pass this along.